Healthy Food Ideas
If one wishes to have a healthy lunch to carry along to work but unfortunately could not find the time for its preparation during the busy weekdays mornings to prepare, chop, dice and cook. For them it is good to find that one can make excellent flavourful, protein-packed meals in just a few minutes, which would stand healthy and also keep one healthy, wealthy and wise.
Tips for Delicious Salad Recipes
There are many combinations of salad which one can prepare in minutes and can stay healthy. Few salad combinations are listed below:
Delicious Salad Recipes 1 Sweet Potato and Cauliflower Salad
Roasted veggies are the best food for one to stay full longer.
- 1 1/2 lb. small sweet potatoes, cut lengthwise into 1/2″ wedges
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 7 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp. sherry vinegar
- 8 c. torn mixed lettuces
- 2/3 c. pomegranate seeds
- Mix together sweet potatoes, cauliflower, 3 tablespoons olive oil, salt and pepper on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast at 425 degrees F, till it turns golden, approximately it will take 25 to 30 minutes.
- Beat together remaining olive oil, sherry vinegar, salt and pepper in a bowl. Add lettuces, pomegranate seeds, and roasted vegetables.
- Serve hot and relish the salad.
Delicious Salad Recipes 2 Baja Salad
A healthy salad should contain 20% greens and 80% crunchy things. This fresh, flavourful salad is a taste of spring.
- 1/4 c. packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp. liquid from pickled red onions
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 3 c. coarsely torn romaine lettuce hearts (from 1 head)
- 1 1/2 c. green cabbage, very thinly sliced
- 4 radishes cut into matchstick-size strips
- 1 carrot, cut into matchstick-size strips
- 1 c, cherry tomatoes, halved pickled red onions
- 2 small avocados cut into large chunks
- 1/2 c. coarsely crumbled Cotija cheese or feta cheese
- 3 tbsp. toasted shelled pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 1 1/2 c. tortilla chips, coarsely crumbled
- In small food processor, process cilantro, garlic, lime juice, and pickled-onion liquid until garlic is minced and cilantro are finely chopped. With machine running, slowly pour in oil until dressing is well mixed together. Flavour with kosher salt.
- Gently toss romaine, cabbage, radishes, carrot, and tomatoes with enough dressing to coat, Just before serving in a large wide bowl or on plate,. Add pinch of salt. Drain pickled onions and scatter over salad. Decorate with diced avocados, Cotija cheese, pumpkin seeds, and crumbled tortilla chips. Serve immediately.
Delicious Salad Recipes 3 Warm Wild Mushroom and Lentil Salad
Warm salads are awesome to eat and also, pieces of blue cheese give a nice flavour.
- 1 lb. mixed wild mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed with press
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 12 oz. lentils, cooked
- 1 c. parsley
- 1/4 small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 2/3 c. balsamic vinaigrette
- Blue cheese, for serving
- Toss mushrooms with olive oil, garlic, and salt. Roast on large baking sheet at 450 degrees F for 20 minutes or until crisp.
- Toss lentils with mushrooms, parsley, red onion, and balsamic vinaigrette.
- Serve hot topped with 1/4-inch-thick slices blue cheese.
Delicious Salad Recipes 4 Kale Salad with Glazed Onions and Cheddar
Kale salad is a very healthy salad with sweet, glazed onions, dried cherries, pine nuts, and cheese.
- 1 bunch curly kale
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 oz. frozen pearl onions
- 1 tbsp. margarine or butter
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. cider vinegar
- ½ c. dried tart cherries
- 1/4 c. pine nuts (pignoli)
- 2 oz. extra-sharp white Cheddar cheese
- In a bowl, mix kale with lemon juice, oil, and 1/8 teaspoon each salt and freshly ground black pepper; set aside.
- Combine pearl onions, margarine, 1 tablespoon water, Worcestershire sauce, and sugar. Cook on medium 8 to 10 minutes or until onions are tender and most of the liquid has evaporated, stirring occasionally.
- Add vinegar to skillet. Increase heat to medium-high. Cook 3 to 4 minutes or until onions is browned, stirring frequently. Add 1 tablespoon water. Cook 1 minute longer, and swirl it constantly. Transfer onions to bowl with kale.
- Add cherries and pine nuts; toss vigorously to combine the entire ingredients, add Cheddar also.
- Relish the warm salad
Delicious Salad Recipes 5 Warm French Lentil Salad
Lentils add bulk and protein to any dish, so, it is a wonderful healthy dish.
- 7 oz. French green lentils
- 3 sprig fresh oregano
- 1/4 tsp. oregano leaves
- 1 medium onion
- 3 large stalks celery
- 2 large peppers (red, orange, or yellow)
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Fresh dill
- 6 oz. baby spinach
- 2 oz. feta cheese
- In 4-quart saucepan, combine lentils, oregano sprigs, and 3 cups water. Cover; heat to boiling. Reduce heat to maintain simmer; cook 25 to 30 minutes till it get softened.
- Meanwhile, chop onion, celery, and peppers. Heat 1 tablespoon oil on medium flame and add onion and celery; cook 7 to 8 minutes or until soft. Add peppers, 2 tablespoons water, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cook for 5 minutes till peppers are crisp and tender.
- Drain water from soaked lentils; transfer to bowl. Mix in it, vinegar, dill, oregano leaves, onion mixture, 1/4 teaspoon salt and freshly ground black pepper, and remaining oil.
Break up spinach leaves among 4 serving plates; spoon lentil mixture over it and garnish with feta, and garnish with dill.