THE ART OF PERFUMING
“A perfume is invisible and yet an unforgettable memory”
The word perfume is derived from Latin perfumare, meaning “to smoke through.” The art of making perfumes was initially believed to have started by the ancient Mesopotamians and Egyptians, which was later on improvised by the Romans and Persians.
The art of perfuming is very essential to keep one at the top notch in personal as well as in the professional life!
Some essential ways to achieve that are:
APT CHOICE OF AROMA:
Make sure to select the right perfume i.e. the day time scent and the night time scent. The day time perfumes usually come in bright yellows, oranges, spring time’s fragrance and the night time perfumes usually suggest dark purples, blues, and reds.
DAY TIME: The day time fragrance is sprayed mostly around the hips or knees region as with the time, the fragrance goes up, due to the heat generated at that area. It keeps your fresh throughout the day.
NIGHT TIME: This is mostly sprayed around the neck or in the near neck region. You need to apply the moisturizer on that area in order to hold the fragrance for a longer time period as the fragrance does not last long!
THE SHOWER TIES:
Always make sure that you cleanse your body with warm water. The warm water triggers the pores of the skin to open, thus making it susceptible to the proper absorption of the moisturizer and perfume into the skin. Make use of the non-scented bathing soap or bathing liquid, so as to give a pleasant aroma of only your perfume.
NUTS AND BOLTS:
There are a certain essentials so as to apply the perfume. It has to be applied onto some specific parts, which are the PULSE POINTS, i.e. the area of the presence of the blood vessels, making that area hot and thus, the persistence of the fragrance. The areas include:
- Neck region
- Behind the ears
- On the collar bone
- On the wrist
- Behind the elbow
- Behind the knee portion
For the smell to pertain much longer, apply it behind the knee portion and behind the elbow, as with the sweating, the area will heat up, thus spreading the smell upwards.
THE “HOW TO” PHENOMENA:
The perfume must be applied in the following manner:
- Spray from around 5-7 inches away from the skin.
- Do not rub after applying it as it will break the molecules and thus, the smell will disappear! e.g.: rubbing the wrists together- A BIG NO!
- You can dab the perfume on the area but do not rub it!
- Apply the moisturizer first and then the perfume (a non-fragrant one like Vaseline is the most suited)
THE HAIR AURA:
If you want your hair to smell good, well you can do it by spraying the perfume from around 5-7 inches away from your hair or by spraying it on the wrist and then dabbing your wrist on your hair.
Note: Do not spray too much of the perfume on your hair as it will make them rough and damage them due to the alcohol presence in it!
Make sure that the perfume you are using has no negative effect. To dodge for the right one, keep experimenting with the varieties present in the market and end up with the right one! Keep yourself familiar with the smell
ELICITING VARIED MEMORIES:
The smell of the perfume leaves an enchanting impression that not even the words do! To experience something new, spray different perfumes on the night of your different dates and when you again put them on, it will definitely make you nostalgic!
BOOSTS OF PERFUMING:
Learning the art of perfuming has various advantages:
- It boosts the confidence.
- It leaves a positive impression of you around.
- It makes you scented for the entire day.
- It also helps in the relaxation due to the various essential oils and soothing fragrance present in it.
- It keeps you refreshed.
THE “MUST” SECTION:
- Do not expose the perfumes in bright sunlight as it might change the smell and the color, thus portraying a negative impact of the sole purpose.
- Keep a check on the expiry date so as to avoid any foul smell and skin problems!