Our body works on the same concept of nature; it also sheds hair to survive the nutrition crisis. If we are in habit of consuming too much of junk foods, then our body gets deficient in supplying the important nutrients to the entire body. As, our hair is the secondary part of the body, so, it acts smartly by not sending the nutrients to the hair and cuts off the vitamins and minerals reaching to the hair and diverts its supply it to the major and prime organs of the body.
Smart body system directs the available nutrients towards the very important areas like brain, heart and other organs.
With the deficiency of nutrients, the hair will naturally grow weaker, thinner, and then fall off as the days pass by.
Hair will not grow if our junk eating is continued. But with the improvisation in diet then again our hair starts growing. So our hair roots will be supplied with the necessary vitamins and minerals which it requires for growing strong and healthy hair.
Protein plays a major role in building and repairing of the body, so it requires the protein to keep the hair follicles strong. Major sources of protein are poultry, lean beef, fish, beans, and nuts.
One important thing to know that if we start taking nutrient specific diet now then after six months one will find the improvements in the hair problems. Our hair grows around 0.5 inches (1.25 cm) per month, and 6 inches (15 cm) per year. But this depends on age, health, genetics and diet.
- Improper food and deficiency of Vitamin B and natural Salts and Iodine etc. tension, mental shock and other prolonged illness like typhoid, syphilis, cold running nose, sinus, anemia, cancer.
- Not keeping the scalp clean.
- Could be due to hereditary, depression, improper blood supply to the hair & hormonal imbalance.
- Could also be due to excessive use of soaps shampoos etc. containing harmful Chemicals.
- Another factor could be excessive use of hair dryer.
- The ill effects of medicines, constipation, insufficient sleep and excessive mental tension also causes hair problems.
Best Care for Hair Growth 1 Diet
One’s diet should be rich in Biotin, Zinc, Beta carotene and Vitamin A, C & E
- Eggs, peanuts, almonds, wheat bran, salmon, avocados and low-fat cheese are the best sources of food rich in biotin.
- Biotin is very much essential for the production of a hair protein called keratin that is why biotin supplements are often prescribed for hair growth. Studies have also claimed that consuming more biotin can help improve hair growth in people with a biotin deficiency.
- Most of the nuts and seeds, peanut butter, wheat germ, fat-free yogurt and cheese are the good source of food rich in zinc.
- Sweet potatoes, carrots, kale, butternut squash, cantaloupe, dark green lettuces, asparagus and pumpkin are the rich source of Beta-carotene
- Red, yellow, and green bell peppers are a colorful and delicious source of vitamin C, which is very much necessary for hair. Antioxidants protect hair follicles against damage from harmful molecules called free radicals. These molecules exist naturally in the body. Vitamin A helps the skin glands to produce sebum. This oily substance helps moisturizes the scalp to keep hair healthy. Vitamin E also protects skin, like the scalp, from oxidative stress and damage. Damaged skin on the scalp can result in poor hair quality and fewer hair follicles
- Different vegetables can make our diet nutritious and hair healthy at the same time, tofu, soybeans, starchy beans, and black-eyed peas, lentils are a great vegetarian source of iron-rich protein
- The nutrition present in spinach is folate and iron which is extremely good for hair.
- Vitamin B rich foods are wild salmon (fresh or canned), shellfish, beans, chicken, oatmeal, eggs, peanut butter, fat-free and low-fat dairy foods, and fortified whole-grain cereals.
Best Care for Hair Growth 2 External care
- Always keep your scalp dry.
- Wash the head with curd.
- Massage the scalp with coconut milk keeps it for sometime and then washes your hair.
- With your fingers massage the head daily before sleeping every night
- Soak fenugreek seeds overnight grinded in the morning into a paste and apply it on the hair.
- Ground the leaves of beri and mix lemon juice in it.
- Apply this paste on the scalp which will help the growth of new hair.
- Application of fresh coriander juice and carrot juice into the roots of the hair stops hair fall.
- On bald patches if onion juice is applied it leads to growth of hair.
- Grind carrot and apply the paste on the head and wash it after 2 hours for getting rid of baldness.
- Massage the head with coconut oil and lemon juice in it.
- Daily massage the head with oil of blue bottle processed in sun rays.
- Washing the hairs by rita shikakai is better for the health of the hair.
Best Care for Hair Growth 3 Exercises
- After taking meals comb the hair and scratch the scalp with comb.
- Daily 2 to 3 times for 5 minutes rub the nails of all the fingers against each other and breathe air daily in open.
- Do exercises and yogasanas; yog nidra, viprit karni mudra, shavasana, sarvangasana, and other asanas.