Himachal Pradesh has a lot of hill stations which attract a lot of tourists from across the length and breadth of the nation. Himachal Pradesh is an easy getaway destination for north Indians as the connectivity is good and it only takes a few hours to reach there. The temperature in Himachal Pradesh stays moderate throughout the year. The connectivity has also improved in the last decade which also led to the development of new tourist spots in Himachal Pradesh.
This list brings to you some of the best offbeat and cheap holiday destinations to visit in Himachal Pradesh. Let’s get started!
- MALANA: Malana is one of the most beautiful villages in India. There are many interesting stories related to it. Malana is located in Parvati Valley in Himachal and is home to a handful of families. A large majority of people here are descendants of Alexander the Great. The administrative system has glimpses of Greek Management. Staying options here are limited and if you visit during the tourist season, then you might have difficulty in finding accommodation.
- CHITKUL: Chitkul is a small village 3500 meters above sea level in Kinnaur. This is the last village where you can visit without a permit. Also, it is situated near the Indo-Tibet border. Usually, people stay in Sangla which is a little away from Chitkul. Snow-covered mountains, Baspariver, and apple orchards are constants during the trip. The weather changes here without any indication and hence you must be prepared for the worse.
- THANEDAR: Nature lovers must visit this place. This is one of the best and cheapest holiday destinations in Himachal Pradesh. Most accommodation options are cheap and affordable. Nag Devta Temple, Tani-Jubbar Lake, Hathu Peak, and St. Mary’s Church are some of the must-visit destinations here.
- BAROT: Adventure junkies visit Barot to satisfy their adventure cravings. Uhl River not only provides water to the citizens here but also is home to many fisheries. Black bears and Himalayan goral can be seen in large numbers across the river. Barot is a paradise for trekking lovers.
- JALORI JOT: When it comes to Cheap holiday destinations, The trekking trails in Jalori Jot are one of the best. Sareyol Lake and Jalori Jot temple are the main attractions here. The trekking trails are slippery and hence, you must wear shoes with excellent grip. The trek is about 4 kilometers long and food options along the way are very limited. Accommodation options are very limited in Jalori Jot so it is advised that you stay in Shoja which also offers a wide variety of Himalayan cuisines.
- PARASHAR LAKE: It is one of the best offbeat and cheap destinations in Himachal Pradesh. To reach here, you must take a taxi from Mandi. The lake is situated 2700 meters above the sea level and the depth of it is still unknown. The lake is surrounded by magnificent topography. It is a less-traveled area and is usually low on tourist traffic. Monsoon arrives here in the month of July and August and the place truly looks like heaven during this time.
- KHEERGANGA: It has become one of the most popular places for trekking in Himachal Pradesh. A trek package for Kheerganga starts at INR 5000 and goes all the way up to INR 10,000. You can also travel here without a package. It is believed that Lord Shiva used to meditate here. Hot springs are one of the main reasons why people visit Kheerganga.
- GUSHAINI: Gushaini is also called Trout Country as it is situated along the banks of Tirthan River which is full of freshwater trouts. Himalayan National forest is situated just 20 kilometers out of Gushaini. Over 30 different kinds of animals and 300 kinds of birds can be spotted here. It is one of the best Cheap holiday destinations when it comes to the secluded zone
- SHOJA: Shoja is still very far from the tourist explosion. It still remains one of the most secluded destinations in the entire Himachal Pradesh. Nevertheless, it is filled with amazing photo opportunities. Serolsar Lake is the main attraction at Shoja. Since this place is not popular amongst tourists, the accommodation options are very limited. However, if you are in search of peace, there is no better place than Shoja.
- PABBAR VALLEY: Adventure activities like river rafting, paragliding, trekking, camping, and fishing can be done here. Pabbar Valley is situated in Dharamshala and people come here mainly for adventure activities.
- TIRTHAN VALLEY: This is a small village on the banks of Tirthan River. The village is surrounded by Great Himalayan National Park. This might not be the place to visit with friends but you can definitely visit this place with family.
- SPITI: Spiti has recently emerged as a tourist destination Himachal Pradesh. It is one of the hidden gems. This place looks truly amazing during snowfall. Kibber, Pin Valley National Park, Millennium Monastery, Dhankar monastery, NadangLhakhang, Snow point Kunzom are some of the must-visit spots in Spiti.
- MASHOBRA: This is yet another secret and cheap holiday destination in Himachal Pradesh. It is just 13 kilometers away from Shimla. So you can visit Shimla, stay there for a day and head out to Mashobra. This place is famous for zip lining and mountain climbing.
- NARKANDA: This Himalayan city is situated 2700 meters above sea level. This is one of the very few places where you can go skiing. Narkanda is open for tourists all year long. You can reach here from Manali, Mcleodganj, and Kasauli.
- DALHOUSIE: It is one of the most famous and cheap holiday destinations in Himachal Pradesh. It is often touted as the Mini Switzerland of India which is not at all wrong. The fields are lush green and the temperature is pleasantly cool. Best time to visit Dalhousie is between April to July. It is one of the best Cheap holiday destinations