Jamia students have taken out the protest march in Delhi and Section 144 has been imposed near Delhi’s Mandi House area in front of a protest march called by Swaraj Abhiyan. Chief Yogendra Yadav and security have been constricted. The anti-citizenship law has been continued on Tuesday (December 24), as Jamia students will persist with their agitation in Delhi and Mamata Banerjee will keep up the high temperature in West Bengal.
Not only the anti protests but the people who are in favor of CAA have also taken out their march. The BJP will take out a pro-Citizenship Act protest in various parts of Gujarat and other states including the national capital in support of the Citizenship Amendment Act.
- Like Sonia Gandhi, Priyanka Gandhi, AIMIM chief Asaduddin Owaisi are giving provocative speeches against the Citizenship Amendment Act, Complaint has been filed against them.
- Shrikant Sharma, state minister of UP said people involved in CAA violence are being identified and strict action will be taken against them. Opposition parties tried to take political advantage of the situation in the state. Nobody will be spared.
- In West Bengal a protest march against the Citizenship Amendment Act and National Register of Citizens in Kolkata has been taken out by CM Mamata Banerjee.
- Two companies of CRPF deployed at Delhi’s Mandi House as massive anti-Citizenship protests take place in the area.
- BJP organizes the pro-Citizenship Act rally in Gujarat’s Surat.
- West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee raises slogans against the BJP, Citizenship Amendment Act and National Register of Citizens (NRC) in Kolkata.
- Congress leaders Rahul and Priyanka Gandhi, who were stopped outside Meerut by police, are now returning to Delhi.
- Karnataka: Protest against Citizenship Amendment Act and National Register of Citizens organized in Hubli.
- Heavy police force stationed on the route from Mandi House to Barakhamba.
- Heavy traffic jam on Noida to DND route.
- NSUI supporting today’s anti-Citizenship Act march, taken out from Mandi House to Jantar Mantar.
- Section 144 imposed in Delhi’s Mandi House area in view of a protest against the Citizenship Amendment Act. Three companies of police teams have been positioned in the area.
- West Bengal Governor Jagdeep Dhankhar leaves after he was blocked by protesting students from entering Jadavpur University, Kolkata.
- “Students are waiting for me for convocation. The state has chosen to put education in captivity. I have never seen such a situation. A handful of people are playing with fire, ruining education and ruining democracy. I will not tolerate this situation. I appeal to the CDM to take action on it.
- Police release CCTV footage of violence during a protest over the Citizenship Act in Aligarh.
Mamata Banerjee visits Vivekananda’s House before kickstarting the anti-Citizenship Act, NRC protests in Kolkata. After Kolkata and Howrah, CM Mamata will walk against NRC and CAA on December 25 from the Vivekananda House to Gandhi Bhawan, Beleghata.