Diabetes is characterized by an abnormally elevated level of blood glucose and excretion of excess glucose in the urine. This disease takes hold of a person gradually. For years the patient remains unaware of the disease. The modern Medical Science considers as it to be a disease of a lifetime. But in naturopathy, it can be brought under control.
- More glucose in the urine than normal.
- Urine is thick and sticky.
- The urge to urinate again and again.
- More hunger.
- Thirst is experienced.
- The skin gets dry.
- Fatigue and weakness are experienced.
- Healing of wound is delayed.
- Itching in the body, laziness, headache, and irritability, etc.
- Lack of physical work.
- Excess of mental work.
- Constant consumption of heavy oily and sweet products.
- Excessive obesity.
- Excessive consumption of liquor or intoxicating products.
- Wrong lifestyle and unbalanced food.
- Mental tension
Diabetes generally leads to high blood pressure, heart disease, gangrene, loss of eyesight, reducing hearing power, kidney ailments, and paralysis, etc. Therefore one should never be careless about diabetes.
It is of two types; insulin-dependent Diabetes mellitus (IDDM) and noninsulin-dependent Diabetes mellitus (NIDDM).
Modern medical science gives insulin as medicine for diabetes, but it is not the actual treatment of diabetes, it is only a means to keep it under control to save oneself from diabetes and be free from it. The best resource is the natural diet.
❍ Natural Diet
Natural Diet: One should consume seasonal fruits (Orange, Apple, pea,r papaya, water, melon, guava, pineapple, etc.), salads (carrot, radish, turnip, cucumber, long cucumber, spinach, mint, Methi, coriander, cabbage, beans, capsicum etc.), sprouts (moong, moth and gram etc.), fruit juices and vegetable juices.
❍ Can make a Practice
- If one is thirsty then drink Lemon water or coconut water.
- Fresh amla juice or dry amla powder with turmeric powder is very beneficial
- In the season of blackberry, it must be eaten or half a spoon of blackberry seed powder should be taken with water in the evening.
- 15 grams of bitter gourd (karela) juice with a hundred grams of water can be taken daily, 3 times a day for 3 months.
- Wheatgrass juice is highly beneficial.
- One spoonful of methi seeds should be soaked in the water and eaten along with water. One can also take methi powder daily with water.
- Less milk and more buttermilk should be taken
- Cut 250 grams of lady finger into two pieces and soak it in water over night and in the morning drink that water and throw away the lady finger, do this for a week.
- Daily taking 5-10 bel leaves or Sadabahar leaves, Jamun leaves or margosa leaves, these leaves are very much beneficial in the diabetes, basil leaves are also beneficial, it reduces sugar.
- Daily in the morning drink at least two glasses of water and eat two figs.
- Eat chapati made of flour from the mixture of 25% wheat, 25% Barley, 10% moong, 10% Bajra ,10% phaphar(kuttoo), 10% gram, 5% Soybean and 5% corn.
- Set bare body in Sunshine
- Water from Orange colored bottles processed in sunrays should be drunk after meals.
❍ Physical Application
- On the abdomen mud pack, enema, hip bath, Hot and Cold fomentation on the abdomen, a sitz bath is very beneficial.
- Walk for 4 to 5 km daily in the fresh air and jog for a while, try to do deep breathing in the fresh air.
- Shatkarmas (Kunjal, Jal Neti, Dhauti etc.) are useful.
This pranayama should be practiced daily in order to get rid of the diabetes problem; suryabhedi, bhastrika, kapalbhati, nadishodhan, uddiyanband, mahamudra and breathing exercises should be done
One must do yoga daily at least for 30 minutes; Ardhamatsyendrasana, mayurasana, matsyasana, halasana, paschimottanasana, bhujangasana, chakrasana, dhanurasana, mandukasana, Janusirsasana, urdhvahastottasana, padhastasana, katichakrasan tribandhasana, Garbhasana, Surya Namaskar are beneficial. Practice agnisaar kriya.
❍ Harmful Foods
Sugar, ice cream, sweets, etc. butter, cold drinks, fried stuff, non-vegetarian food, liquor, sugar-free tablets and stuff made of maida.
Note: Do not stop taking insulin suddenly if one is already taking it.
“Good Lifestyle Keeps One Disease Free”
Disclaimer: Updates mentioned in the article are for general information purpose only. If making any changes in the exercises or diet then it is requested to consult your doctor or a dietician before implementing anything new.
❖ Read More: