Everybody suffers with cold and cough but now as we are updated with the Coronavirus epidemic. So, boosting of our immune system becomes on priority and urgent. Our immune doesn’t recognise certain microbes and then we fall into the problem whose cure is uncertain. But a healthy lifestyle will ensure our defences to fight with these unknown microbes.
Foods to fight with Coronavirus and Strengthen Immunity Level
We are already aware of large variety of foods which can keep us away from the inhaled harmful microorganisms. At times people due to their busy schedule ignore the super foods which safeguard us from the harmful conditions. Kindly do not ignore at the cost of your health.
1. Overcome Coronavirus with the Help of Vitamins
Nutrient Vitamin C is the most important nutrient for the protection of our respiratory system against dust particles. It can wipe off all sorts of ill effects that dust particles can cause on the liver. It also prevents the oxidative damage that is caused by the dust particles. Its deficiency leads to reduced level of antioxidants in the body, so to overcome the effect of dangerously affected environment one is advised to consume lots and lots of Vitamin C. Vitamin C rich foods are citrus fruits, guavas, kale, broccoli, bell peppers, amla, tomato etc.
2. Overcome Coronavirus with the Help of Antioxidants
Antioxidants are substances that prevent the slow damage of cells caused by free radicals. Free radicals are unstable molecules which are produced by our body due to reaction to environmental and other pressures. They are sometimes called “free-radical scavengers.”
Factors which are responsible for increase in the production of toxins in the body can be internal, such as inflammation, or external, the external factors are Coronavirus, UV exposure, and cigarette smoke. If the body cannot process and remove toxins efficiently then it results into oxidative stress. This can harm our cells and body metabolism. Oxidative stress has been linked to heart disease, cancer, arthritis, stroke, respiratory diseases, immune deficiency, emphysema, Parkinson’s disease, and other inflammatory or ischemic conditions.
Antioxidants help to neutralize free radicals in our bodies, and this is thought to boost overall health.
The rich sources of antioxidants are plant-based foods, especially the fruits and vegetables.
Foods rich in antioxidants are often referred to as a “superfoods” or “functional food.”
Antioxidants rich foods are as follows and one can include any of the food in their diet according to their comfortability.
Vitamin A: Dairy produce, eggs, and liver
Vitamin C: Most fruits and vegetables, especially berries, oranges, and bell peppers
Vitamin E: Most of the nuts and seeds, sunflower and other vegetable oils, and green, leafy vegetables contain vitamin E in it.
Beta-carotene: Brightly coloured fruits and vegetables, such as carrots, peas, spinach, and mangoes.
Lycopene: Pink and red fruits and vegetables, including tomatoes and watermelon
Lutein: Green, leafy vegetables, corn, papaya, and oranges
Selenium: All kinds of cereals and pulses like rice, corn, wheat, and other whole grains, as well as nuts, eggs, cheese, and legumes are rich in selenium.
Foods with rich, vibrant colours often contain the most antioxidants.
The following foods are the rich sources of antioxidants.
3. Overcome Coronavirus with the Help of Omega-3-Fatty Acids and Phytoestrogens
Omega-3 fatty acids protect our cardiovascular system and help in the reduction of effects of harmful microorganism; while, phytoestrogens have antioxidant properties that help to reduce the symptoms of asthma and other allergic reactions in lungs. One can take flaxseed daily in the salads, smoothies, or simply roast them and eat them as a healthy snack option. Other foods with higher amount of omega-3 fatty acids are walnuts, eggs, fish and soybeans, microalgae, vegetable oils (Olive oil, rice bran oil) etc.
4. Overcome Coronavirus with the Help of Magnesium Rich Food
One should consume more of magnesium rich food as it is a natural bronchodilator (agent that relaxes the breathing tubes inside lungs). Magnesium-rich foods are almonds, cashews, and wheat bran and wheat grass juice.
5. Overcome Coronavirus with the Help of Homemade Remedies
Certain herbs and spices helps in curing common respiratory ailments.
- Drink plenty of water, which helps in washing out all the toxins accumulated in the body.
- Drink fruit juice and vegetable juice daily, an excellent source to remove all the toxins from the body.
- Eat 5 leaves of Tulsi at any time of the day; this is the best source of expelling out toxins from the body.
- Drink an herbal tea made from tulsi, ginger and raw turmeric. Ginger, act as natural decongestant.
- Green tea is also a good source of antioxidant and helps in internal cleaning of our body.
- Drink Hunza tea containing pudina leaves, cinnamon, ginger, tulsi leaves, and cardamom. Boil all of them together, strain it and then add lemon juice and jaggery to taste It is a powerful herbal remedy that enable the body to handle oxidative stressors like Coronavirus and environmental toxins.
- Raw turmeric mixed in honey can be licked, as turmeric has curative properties that protect one from chronic bronchitis, wheezing, allergy coughs and colds. Turmeric is a well-known antioxidant and is said to help protect the lungs from the toxic effects of pollutants.
- One can eat sesame seeds with jaggery. It is very effective in respiratory problems such as asthma and bronchitis.
- One can drink Golden milk for boosting the immune system.
- One can take, one teaspoon powdered turmeric, 1 tsp jaggery, 1 tsp cow ghee and 1 tsp dry ginger powder. Mix well and make into small round balls. Have 2-3 daily.
- Amla is a powerhouse of nutrition and is a powerful source to boost the body’s immunity. Have half a teaspoon of crushed fresh amla with 1 crushed garlic clove on an empty stomach.
6. Overcome Coronavirus with the Help of Exercises and Pranayama
A healthy body can overcome any kind of harsh conditions. No doubt food is very important to fight with the nature’s adversities but In addition to food exercises are also must, daily take out 15-30 minutes for exercise for the physical fitness, pranayama for the lungs, meditation for the brain and above all adequate rest is also must, as sleep too remove the toxins from our body. All these factors will help one immensely to fight with the stressors in the body.
“Prevention Is Better Than Cure”