The name Naturopathy itself signifies healing in a natural way. It is the amalgamation of mind, body, and soul. So, all three substances stimulate the healing power of the body and treat the diseases one is suffering without the use of the drug.
One gains weight when excess calorie is consumed and working is insufficient, just one small reason for gaining weight. On the contrary, if calorie input is less than calories output then it amounts to weight loss. But if calorie intake is in excess than output for a long period of time then things go to extremities and the problem turns into obesity.
Accumulation of fat in the body leads to overweight and it is not a disease itself but gives access to many other diseases like diabetes, blood pressure, heart disease, paralysis, sleeplessness, arthritis, stomach upset, etc.
This is caused by overeating, laziness, too much sleeping, lack of exercise and a habit of keeping seated for long durations, excessive consumption of sweets, salty, roasted and fried products. Liquor, smoking, tea, coffee, Beetle, tobacco, etc. Also caused by, tension, hereditary disorder of endocrine glands and excessive medication.
Food for weight loss
- Gradually reduce food consumption, live on juices for 2 to 3 days.
- Then as per requirement live on uncooked food for a week.
- Later get back to a normal diet.
- But remember to include chaff while making chapattis.
- Eat boiled vegetables, buttermilk without butter.
- Take lukewarm lemon water on an empty stomach.
- Chew food to make it fine as a liquid in the mouth.
- Ghee, sweets, roasted and fried foodstuff, should be kept away.
- One must urinate, after eating food.
- At night take Triphala.
- Drink 8 to 10 glasses of water daily.
- Daily take 1 glass of water with basil juice.
Mud Therapy for weight loss
Apply the mud pack on the abdomen for 25 minutes. During this keep yourself calm and quiet and also press the acupressure ball with your palm around, which could help in expelling out the maximum toxins from the body.
Water Therapy for weight loss
- Hot and Cold fomentation on the abdomen.
- Hip bath
- steam bath
- Abdomen compress
- Weekly wet sheet pack
- Shank Prakshalana
- Hotfoot bath, dry friction of the body is helpful.
- A tub bath should be taken with hot saline water.
Sun Therapy for weight loss
- Sunbathing for 10 minutes is very useful.
- Water from Orange bottle processed in sun rays should be taken.
- In the morning walk for 30 minutes.
- Deep breathing for 2 minutes.
- Laugh loudly.
Exercise for weight loss
- Do cycling exercise by both legs and hands in the morning and evening.
- Do sun mudra, Paschimottanasan, supta pawanmuktasana, bhujangasana, shalbhasana, katichakrasana, vajrasana can be done.
- Uddiyanband and Moolband should be practiced
- Breathing exercises are very important.
- Practice agnisaar kriya and kapalbhati Pranayam.
Yes, Naturopathy does work in weight loss treatment, if consistency is followed in all the above-said activities.