What is Bloating?
Bloating is when your abdomen feels swollen after eating. It is usually caused by disturbances in the muscles of the digestive system or by excess gas production.
Symptoms of bloating
Bloating cause discomfort, pain, and a ‘stuffed’ feeling. It also makes your stomach look bigger.
Bloating may occur along with other symptoms, such as Blood in your stool, Vaginal bleeding, Noticeable weight loss, Nausea, Vomiting, Diarrhea, Heartburn that is getting worse and Fever due to an infection.
What causes bloating?
Bloating happens when the gastrointestinal tract is filled with air or gas. This can be caused by the food you eat and by lactose intolerance that is problems with dairy.
There are many other reasons
- Bloating can happen when you chew gum, smoke, or eat too fast by this you are Swallowing the air
- Weight gain
- Menstruation (in some women)
Other causes could include medical conditions, such as:
- Inflammation (such as a condition called diverticulitis)
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Liver disease
- Crohn’s disease
- Blockage in bladder
- anxiety or depression
How to get rid of Bloating
- Avoid foods that cause gas, these foods include cabbage, Brussels sprouts, lentils, turnips, and beans.
- Avoid chewing gum.
- Avoid using straws for drinking.
- Avoid drinks that contain carbonate
- Avoid fructose food and drinks.
- Eat slowly
- Prefer eating foods that are high in fiber to prevent constipation.
- Avoid dairy products if they cause you gas and bloating.
- Quit smoking.
- Avoid eating too much
It is caused due to minor issues, most people experience it at some point. Bloating can be reduced by exercises, supplements, massages and simple lifestyle changes can prevent it from reoccurring