Asanas are the very important part of Ashtang Yoga. There are many asanas which strengthen and relax the body and removes the ailments.
People are using numerous beauty products and undergoing various treatments to look better and glamorous, but nothing is better than a natural way to revitalize our skin. People spend a immense amount on beauty products, which contains chemicals and can even harm their skin. But one should know that to look beautiful one don’t have to apply expensive cosmetics to have a beautiful skin. Yoga is a natural way to make oneself beautiful and glowing.Yoga also makes one pimple free and provides healthy skin.
Let us know some yoga poses which can provide one naturally glowing skin.
Healthy Skin 1 Adho Mukho Svanasana (Downward Facing Dog Pose)
This posture is very useful for skin glow as it provides additional blood flow to the head. It stretches hamstrings, chest and lengthens the spine, It energizes the body. Children perform this yoga very happily. It also benefits for-
- Relieving stress and calms the brain and helps to get away from depression
- Energizing the body
- Strengthening the arms and legs
- when done with head support relieves menstrual discomfort
- Helps prevent osteoporosis
- Improves digestion
- Therapeutic for high blood pressure, asthma, flat feet, sciatica, sinusitis
Healthy Skin 2 Trikonasana (Triangle Pose)
This Asana will allow the energy to be evenly distributed in the 3 sections of the body, which form the 3 angles of the asana- arms, legs & trunk. It builds focus and will give power and stimulates the mind and relieves stress. It has more benefits like-
- It promotes deep breathing and mobilizes the hips leaving one with refreshing effects.
- Through right arm touch the ground while your left arm goes up, keeps the waist straight.
- Make sure that the body is bent sideways and not forward or backwards. After doing this Yoga one feels quite refreshing.
Healthy Skin 3 Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose)
This asana is simple and very useful as it detoxifies the body, releases tension and rejuvenates skin cells. It also makes our skin smoother. It also helps in-
- It makes the spine flexible.
- This will also strengthen the lower back muscles while cushioning the spine, triceps and opens the chest to promote the inhalations.
- Exhale while coming back to the ground.
- It is one of the best asanas in Yoga.
Healthy Skin 4 Balasana (Child’s Pose)
It re-establishes energy physically, mentally and emotionally. This asana can be inserted between the challenging asanas, and should be practiced with closed eyes, listening to the sound of the breath. This increases blood circulation which helps in keeping the skin healthy and glowing. It also supports –
- It helps release tension in the chest, back, and shoulders.
- This asana is highly recommended, especially if you have a bout of dizziness or fatigue during the day or during your workout.
- This asana helps to reduce stress and anxiety.
Healthy Skin 5 Halasan (Plough Pose)
This asana is excellent for one’s digestive process which is very crucial for glowing and healthy skin.
It also has more benefits like-
- Calms the brain.
- Stimulates the abdominal organs and the thyroid gland.
- Stretches the shoulders and spine.
- Helps relieve the symptoms of menopause.
- Reduces stress and fatigue.
- Therapeutic for backache, headache, infertility, insomnia, sinusitis.
Healthy Skin 6 Pavanamuktasana (Wind-Relieving Pose)
This is wind relieving pose which cures constipation which in turn reduces acne and pimples on the face.
- It effectively massages the intestines as well as stimulates the internal organs of the digestive system, thus releasing the trapped gases as well as improving digestion.
- It helps to increase blood circulation in pelvic regions as well as various internal organs also keeps the skin glowing.
Healthy Skin 7 Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose)
This asana detoxifies the body, releases tension and rejuvenates skin cells. It also makes your skin smoother.
- Lie flat on the floor.
- Press the tops of the feet and thighs and the pubis firmly into the floor.
- On an inhalation, begin to straighten the arms to lift the chest off the floor, going only to the height at which you can maintain a connection through your pubis to your legs.
Healthy Skin 8 Sarvangasana (shoulder stand)
This asana improves skin texture and quality, by promoting proper blood circulation on one’s face. Performing this exercise regularly keeps one’s face pimple and acne free.
- Increases Strength and Flexibility
- The Sarvangasana increases the flexibility of the spine and opens the chest.
Healthy Skin 9 Ustrasana (camel pose)
Ustrasana is a wonderful asana which balances the hormones inside the body which are responsible for keeping skin acne and pimple free.
- Ustrasana stretches the front of the body, particularly the chest, abdomen, quadriceps, and hip flexors.
- It improves spinal flexibility, while also strengthening the back muscles and improving posture.
- Ustrasana also stimulates the kidneys, which improves digestion.
Healthy Skin 10 Dhanurasana (Bow Pose)
It is an intense back bending posture, and is working on the spine. It actually stretches the entire front body. It opens the chest, shoulders, and brings length to the thighs.
- Apart from healthy skin, this pose is also good for improving flexibility.
- When one performs this asana, make sure the stomach is empty.
“Nothing Could Be Better Than Yoga Asanas, Do It And Find the Health Benefits”