Latest News Update
Delhi after facing a brutal violence on 24th and 25th 2020, continued to remain in fear on Wednesday (February 26, 2020), four days after clashes broke out between anti-Citizenship Amendment Act protesters and supporters in the northeast district of Delhi. This violence has so far claimed 42 lives and left close to 250 people injured. In spite of non- stop sincere appeals for peace and efforts to ease tension, anti social elements wandered unrestricted through the streets, burning shops, pelting stones and threatening people in Jaffrabad, Maujpur, Chandbagh and Bhajanpura areas of northeast Delhi. Ajit Doval, National Security Advisor (NSA) on Tuesday (25th 2020) night reviewed the security arrangements and had visited the areas severely affected by violence in the northeast district of Delhi.
Immediately Delhi Police had put barricades to seal all the roads that lead to Ghaziabad from northeast Delhi. In the meantime, the Supreme Court heard pleas seeking removal of anti-Citizenship Amendment Act protesters from Delhi’s Shaheen Bagh area and looking to the sensitivity of the state, the decision had been postponed to 24th March, 2020.
After 26th there had occurred no violence but the condition is still tense and many people have suffered tremendous losses of houses, shops and their dear and near ones which is very difficult to overcome. But the time is a great healer and slowly all the stabs will get healed may be with tears in their eyes.
Delhi Riots Latest News by Delhi Police
It has also been reported today (29.02.2020) by Delhi police that suspended Aam Aadmi Party councillor Tahir Hussain, who is a prime accused in the horrific murder of Intelligence Bureau, Ankit Sharma during the terrible violence in North-East Delhi, is still not arrested, as he is absconding.
Two Special Investigation Teams (SIT) have been composed under the Delhi Police`s Crime Branch to investigate the violence.
Delhi Riots Latest News by Kiran Bedi
Kiran Bedi, Puducherry Lt Governor, said on Friday (28.02.2020) that communal violence in parts of the national capital during US President Donald Trump”s visit to the country was “intriguing and mysterious”, and anticipated that the investigation by the government would bring out the truth.
Kiran Bedi, who was a 1975-batch IPS officer of AGMUT cadre and served in various capacities in Delhi, told PTI over phone that such large-scale violence and arson when the country was being honoured and was hosting an important distinguished personality, Trump was “too much of a coincidence” and shameful.
The visit of US President, Trump, had a lot of potential to strength the country’s economy. More economy would lead to more wealth, jobs, industries and prosperity. The violence happening at that time is truly a mystery. Any true lover of the country would have never done this.
One can have complaints (against the amended Citizenship Act). But the timing of the protest and the subsequent violence is very intriguing and mysterious, said by Kiran Bedi.
Kiran bedi, the Puducherry L-G also declared that the communal violence in northeast Delhi damaged international media coverage of Trump’s visit to the country.
She had also said that the recent “media expose” about presence of a molotov cocktails, stones and bottles of acid on the roof of the house of a “functionary”, the kind of evidence which is surfacing from a functionary’s rooftop directs to a serious plan. This kind of evidence obviously links the issue with the “mystery” of violence during Trump’s visit.
Kiran bedi had also expressed her happiness over 1985-batch IPS officer S N Shrivastava, who once upon a time was trained by her when he was an IPS probationer in 1986-87 in North Delhi and she was DCP (North). He had been selected for the post of Delhi police chief.
Delhi Riots Latest News by Arvind kejriwal
Delhi chief minister Arvind Kejriwal on Thursday (27.02.2020) said that the incidents of violence which had rocked several areas of north-east Delhi for the last three days and in which 42 people had been killed is under control since yesterday.
The chief minister had announced compensation for the victims and their families and added the state government is working to restore the survivors.
The Delhi chief minister announced the ‘Farishte’ scheme for those affected by the riots and added that the government was sending food and other supplies to the affected areas where shops too had been damaged in the violence spanning over three days.
The people affected by the riots are getting medical treatment in private hospitals and their expenses will be reimbursed by the Delhi government said by the Kejriwal.
He announced an ex-gratia of Rs 10 lakh for the family of those who had been killed in the riots. For children, whose parents had died, the Delhi government has sanctioned Rs 3 lakh. For those people whose houses have been completely burnt, the government will provide compensation of Rs 5 lakh and if the houses have been partially damaged, the residents will get Rs 2.5 lakh as compensation. For burnt, uninsured commercial units, the government will provide compensation of Rs 5 lakh.
An app is also being developed by the Delhi government for people to file their claims, and it will be released in a day or two, Kejriwal said. The Delhi government will set up special camps for people to get documents that have been burnt during the arson.
A number has also been released by Delhi government 1516, who can converse with the government for any kind of help with respect to claims and support.
Further investigations are in process.