After the removal of Article 370, the opposition has been playing politics since then, because they have to justify their role of opposition. This is what the country’s population could understand. But for making New India new strategies have to be focused irrespective of what the opposition parties are thinking about, because their thought process works only on the vote bank politics, least bother for the upliftment of the society. The point where the thought process of the opposition parties ends from there the thought process of Modi government starts.
Recently Congress Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury said in Lok Sabha, “Jammu Kashmir mein ram rashtra ki sthapana ho chuki hai (Ram Rashtra has been successfully established in Jammu and Kashmir) commented and disrupted the proceedings and asked what are the parameters of Centre’s normalcy in J&K?.
Amit Shah on his counter allegations said, everything in Jammu and Kashmir is completely normal but unfortunately, he can’t normalize Congress. Their conspiracy theories fell flat on their faces.
Home minister Amit Shah on Wednesday (4th December 2019) told in Rajya Sabha that the situation in Jammu & Kashmir is completely normal and regarding the cribbing on the internet connectivity in the valley, which is suspended in some area since August 5, will be raised when the local administration of J&K consider it is appropriate to do so now.
Amit Shah on responding to questions on the restoration of normalcy in Kashmir in the Upper house presented the following data:
- Shah said not a single person has been killed in police firing since August 5 when Parliament passed laws and resolutions to bifurcate the region into two Union territories and removed its special status.
- People in this House were predicting bloodshed but he said he was happy to inform that no one has died in police firing.
- Incidents of stone showering have declined from 802 last year to 544 so far this year.
- Prohibitory orders under Section 144 stood withdrawn from all 195 police stations and restrictions at few places only from 8 pm to 6 am.
- He further said all 20,411 schools were open and students were appearing for their exams.
- Out of the 50,537 students in Class XI, 50,272 students had appeared for their exams almost near to, cent percent 99.48%.
- In Classes, X and XII 99.7% of students had also taken their exams.
- All hospitals and health centers in Kashmir are also functional.
- Kerosene, petrol, diesel, LPG, and rice are adequately available.
- There has been an 8-16% increase in sales compared to last year.
- Apple production is expected to be around 22.58 lakh metric tonnes and a large quantity of it has already been moved out of Kashmir.
- All 93,247 landlines and 5.9 million mobile connections are fully operational.
- As for the internet, “there are activities by Pakistan too in Kashmir region, so keeping security in mind, whenever the local authority believes it fits; a decision will be taken on resuming internet services.
- Urdu and English dailies and all TV channels were functioning and the circulation of newspapers was almost the same as last year.
- Banking services were also fully functional.
- In the HC 36,192 cases had been filed more and judgments in over 52,000 cases have been delivered since August 5.
- Medicines were available and mobile vans were in place.
Though senior Congress leader Ghulam Nabi Azad countered Shah and said the education of children was suffering due to restrictions and insisted that the situation is not normal in Kashmir.
Restrictions on public movement and communications were enforced in J&K in August after the abrogation of Article 370 and bifurcated the state into two Union territories — J&K and Ladakh. He further said that several top political leaders of the valley, including the National Conference’s Farooq Abdullah and Omar Abdullah, and Peoples Democratic Party’s Mehbooba Mufti, have since been locked up.
On this Shah agreed that the internet is important in the present-day world and that it should be restored but, when it comes to the security of J&K and its people, we have to choose our priorities. He said it was the BJP government only when the internet services were started in Kashmir in 2002 and mobile phones a year later.
On another question on political leaders under custody and further query on if Farooq Abdullah would be allowed to attend Parliament, Minister of Home Affairs, G Kishan Reddy said we should cooperate for that as different people have been arrested from time to time in the national interest.