Diabetes Diet Plan: Normally, blood glucose level in the blood of our body is controlled by insulin, a hormone produced by the pancreas. Once the food enters into our body the glucose level elevates and simultaneously insulin from the pancreas is released to control the glucose level and lowers the blood glucose level. If, there is insufficient production of insulin or excess secretion of insulin then one comes into the boundary of diabetes. Excess production leads to Type-I diabetes and insufficient production of insulin leads to Type-2 diabetes. The absence or insufficient production of insulin causes hyperglycemia also called as Diabetes Mellitus
Diabetes Diet Plan for losing Weight 4 Vegetarian or Vegan
The Vegetarian and vegan diets eliminate meat and focus on fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and nuts and seeds. People consuming a vegan diet removed all animal products, including dairy and eggs.
A vegetarian or vegan diet helped people in achieving their weight loss goals with diabetes.
A study of 2017 review focused the benefits of eating a plant-based diet in people with diabetes. In one study, 99 people of varying ages ate either a vegan diet or an American Diabetic Association (ADA) diet that included whole grains, fruits, vegetables, and meat.
After 22 weeks, the participants who were on the vegan diet lost an average of 6.5 kg (14.3 pounds), while those on the ADA (American Diabetic Association) diet lost 3.1 kg (6.8 pounds).
In addition to it, 43% of the participants on the vegan diet decreased their diabetic medications as compared to 26% on the ADA diet (Diabetes Diet Plan)
Dr. Tripathi exclaimed that observations resulting out of large-scale group studies have established a strong relationship between plant-based foods and controlling blood sugar level. He further said that people following an appropriate plant-based diet place a relatively better chance of preventing the onset and development of diabetes, in comparison with semi-vegetarians and omnivores.
Along with this benefit, a plant-based diet has also helped people to maintain lower body mass index, which is highly decisive in preventing and managing diabetes. But now most of the people having diabetes or are non-diabetic switching on to the vegan diet may be equipped with good understanding or are aware to the benefits of a vegan diet.
To save oneself from the disease and be from it, the best resource is a natural diet. One should eat seasonal fruits (Orange, Apple, pear, papaya, watermelon, melon, pineapple, etc. salads carrot, radish, turnip, cucumber, long cucumber, spinach, mint, methi, coriander, cabbage, beans, capsicum etc. sprouts (moong, moth and gram etc.). Fruit juices and vegetable juices are very much useful for health. If one is thirsty then drink Lemon water or coconut water.
Some of the plant based treatments specific for keeping blood sugar level normal especially for Diabetic patients (Diabetes Diet Plan).
- Fresh Amla juice or dry amla powder with turmeric powder is very beneficial.
- In the season of blackberry (Jamun) it must be eaten or half spoon of blackberry seed powder should be taken with water.
- In the evening 15 grams of bitter gourd (Karela) juice with hundred gram of water can be taken daily thrice a day for 3 months.
- Wheatgrass juice is also very much beneficial.
- One spoonful of Methi seeds should be soaked in water and eaten and the water can be drunk or make Methi powder and take one spoonful daily.
- Less milk and more buttermilk should be taken.
- Soak 250 grams of lady finger cut into two pieces and soaked in water at night and in the morning drink that water and throw away ladyfinger do this for a week.
- Daily taking 5 to 10 bel leaves or Sadabahar leaves, Jamun leaves or margosa (neem) leaves work wonders in diabetes.
- Basil leaves are also beneficial it reduces sugar.
- Daily in the morning drink at least two glasses of water and eat two figs.
- Eat chapati made of flour from the mixture of 25% wheat, 25% barley, 10% moong, 10% Bajra, 10% kuttu, 10% gram, 5% soybean and 5% corn.
- Sit bare body in sunshine for 10 minutes between 9 to 10 am.
- Water from Orange colored bottle processed in sun rays should be drunk after meals.
- In the night take one teaspoon full of triphala powder with water.
Sugar, icecream, sweets, etc. ghee, butter, cold drinks, fried stuff, non vegetarian food, liquor, sugar free tablets and stuffs made of maida are all harmful foods.
One can Incorporate Plant Based Diet in their Daily Routine
1. Early Morning:
- Drink 2 to 4 glasses of plain water.
- Eat nuts (Cashew nuts, Walnut, Badam, Kishmish (12 in number) or anjeer(2 in number). Soak it in the night and in the morning drain the water of nuts and eat it while chewing it very well. Kishmish or Anjeer water can be drunk along with eating. Eat 4 to 5 types of seasonal fruits.
- Sprouts can be eaten; one can put dry fruits or cut raw vegetables in it, but no salt.
- One can take vegetable juice
- Sprouts and salads
“Love Plant Food to Remain Healthy”