Fitness Tips by Shilpa Shetty
Shilpa Shetty is an iconic symbol of fitness. She teaches yoga too and is the role model for many. She is the one who had already motivated many people. Either it is yoga or the gym, the Bollywood actress fitness is her consistency to fitness goals.
She is the one who often keeps her admirers updated with her workout routines and even posts videos of her sweating it out at the gym and doing Yoga. She is the queen of workout; let us learn some important fitness goals from Shilpa Shetty
A yoga enthusiast and fitness freak, Shilpa’s fans include 5.9 million Instagram followers who look up to her for fitness advice. Internet’s undisputed workout queen, Shilpa Shetty Kundra has been featured in the list of Top Health and Fitness Influencers in India.
The list has been released by a leading platform in fitness and includes 30 Indians including PM Narendra Modi, Virat Kohli, Baba Ramdev, Deepika Padukone, Akshay Kumar, PV Sindhu, Sanjeev Kapoor, Milind Soman, and Bipasha Basu, among others.
Talking about how she has been able to influence people about the importance of health and fitness in all these years, the actor said, ‘Honestly, there are no strict boundaries, it’s just clear self-promotion for our own fitness. One should follow a good natural diet and along with with it a consistent regular fitness program.
She further said she had been making use of her social media sites (instagram page theshilpashetty) to encourage people in the right direction and tell them how just a few lifestyle modifications can create wonders in their life.
She always says that she really feels happy when people react positively and appreciate the effort. For her, this is the biggest reward.
❒ Shilpa Shetty Yoga Tip 1 Asanas List for keeping the body in good coordination
• Makarasana – for nervous System
• Padahastasana- for smooth digestion
• Dhanurasana- for menstrual Cramps
• Bhujangasana – for boosting metabolism
• Utthanpadasana – to improve blood circulation
• Virabhadrasana – for increasing stamina
• Vrikshasana – for improving stability
• Vyaghrasana – for strengthening the hip
❒ Shilpa Shetty Yoga Tip 2 Yoga to Improve Digestive System (Dhanurasana)
Dhanurasana is also called the bow pose, as the person performing makes the shape of the bow in this asana. This asana helps to stretch almost every part of the body, like, the chest, spine, shoulders, arms, calf muscles, etc. The abdominal organs are stimulated by doing this asana. The body balance and even the posture improve on doing this asana.
• Lie on the tummy on the floor, with hands by your chest, palms facing downward.
• Bend the legs at the knees and hold the feet with the hands.
• Now lift the legs up to the ceiling so that the thighs lift off the floor and the chest leaves the ground.
• One should hold this position for a minute take huge breaths and then return to the original position slowly.
❒ Shilpa Shetty Yoga Tip 3 Virabhadrasana or the Warrior Pose:
This asana takes its name from the personification of Lord Shiva, called Virabhadra, who was a warrior. This asana improves balance and concentration. It helps in strengthening and toning the shoulders, arms, thighs, ankles and back muscles. This asana helps to improve the stamina of a person. It expands the chest & lungs, flattens the belly and strengthens the shoulders.
• Stand straight with the legs slightly apart.
• Bring the right leg out and bend them at a 90-degree angle.
• Bring the arms in line with the shoulder level. Alternatively, one could join palms together in a prayer position and lift the hands up to the ceiling.
• Stay in this pose, breathing deeply and repeat the same with the left leg.
❒ Shilpa Shetty Yoga Tip 4 Padahastasana or Hand under Foot Pose:
This asana is for healing benefit, people with carpal tunnel syndrome. The shoulders and necks are relaxed by doing this asana. The hamstrings, back body, and wrists are strengthened by doing this asana. It is a great asana to calm the mind and relieve stress.
• Stand straight with the hands beside the body.
• Lift and stretch the hands up.
• Bend back a little and bend downwards from the waist, touching the toes with the fingers.
• During this pose, one should breathe deeply and return back to the original position and relax.
❒ Shilpa Shetty Yoga Tip 5 Uttanpadasana or Leg Raised Pose:
This asana is also known as Raised Feet pose or dwipadasana, i.e., two feet pose. This asana helps to reduce weight accumulated in the lower abdomen, thighs, and hips. It also works for the lower abs. It is best for those women who have recently given birth and wanted to lose weight very quickly. This pose is also effective in boosting the functions of organs in the body like, heart, lungs, liver and pancreas
• One should lie down on the back.
• Lift the buttocks up lightly and place hands underneath, palms facing down.
• Hold the legs at an angle above 30 degrees and stay in this pose for few seconds.
• Then slowly increase the angle to 60 degrees, breath for five seconds and finally at 90 degrees, holding it for 5 seconds. Then slowly come back to the original.
❒ Shilpa Shetty Yoga Tip 6 Standing Side Stretch Pose:
This asana opens up the sides of the body, i.e., the ribs and the intercostals muscles. The spinal column in realigned by doing this asana. The digestive tract is stimulated as the abdominal muscles and waist are stretched by doing this yoga.
• Stand straight with the hands beside the body and legs slightly apart.
• Lift the hands up and stretch them and bring them down.
• Raise the right hand and stretch it towards the right side from the head, tilting the face in the direction of the hand.
• One should repeat the pose on the other side also.