A diet refers to a person’s daily habit of eating in a controlled manner in order to have a better physical, mental and therefore emotional health. A healthy diet is required for everyone regardless of age, body type and gender. However, many people misunderstood dieting for only getting slim or fasting. This is as much a myth as thinking that a slim body is a healthy body.
Here Are Some Very Simple Tips To Add To Your Daily Diet To Have A Healthier Lifestyle.
1. Whether you are a vegetarian or a non-vegetarian, it is very important to understand that it isn’t wise to avoid either animal food to be healthy. The most important thing is to have a balanced diet and focus on foods that will not harm you. Remember: too much of anything is bad. Therefore, making a list of all necessary food items and keeping a food diary is important. Do include green leafy vegetables in your diet if you are non-vegetarian. Add eggs and milk to your diet once a week in your diet plan if you are a vegetarian.
2. A good diet should always be followed with a scheduled plan for sleeping and eating. Breaking your diet plan into meals of 3 times a day is essential. It is also important to sleep at least 8 hours in a day excluding 1 hour of nap time during day. Your body needs adequate amount of rest time as well for digestion and working out. Waking up early and sleeping early is one of the basic ways your diet will benefit you immensely.
3. The quantity of oil, salt and sugar is very basic for any Indian diet. Avoiding junk foods is important as it has excesses of these 3 things. Eat simple and Home Cooked food is always best. Chilies are good for eyes but too much of it can be harmful. Aerated drinks are easily available in all stores but store too much of sugar leading to diabetes later in life.
4. The way you eat also affects your body. Eat slowly, chewing properly rather than rushing to finish everything served in your plate.
5. Increase your intake of daily water. This is one of the best ways to keep a healthy digestion. On an average, it is recommended to have at least 6 glasses of water on a daily basis.
6. If you love to snack, then there a number of healthy options as well. Nuts and fruits are the best way to keep away your hunger pangs. Just add some salt or pepper or some tomatoes, onion and few chilies and you have got a wonderful salad or a fruit chat.
7. The only things that will help you stay active and in shape, apart from your daily healthy diet, is exercise. Even if it is a simple warm up exercise or few basic stretches should be done to avoid the stress of work.
These are some of the very simple tips that if followed on a daily basis will help you and your family lives a healthier and happier life.