A very sad tragedy of Unnao 23-year-old woman, People are her voice now, struggled a lot but could not win over herself, wanted to live but wild rapists burnt her alive. Really God could have come down to save her. She wanted to live her dreams but her story ended leaving many unsolved questions and results. Really a very strict law has to be made in the country, for such accused should get the immediate sentence death, then only the situation could be controlled, otherwise, things will keep on trailing like this only and women will be feeling helpless like this only.
The woman was set ablaze by five men, including the two who were accused of raping her in December 2018. She was assailed outside the Sindupur village in Unnao district on her way to a court in Rae Bareli to attend a hearing in her rape case.
The victim 23-year-old after hours of blaze struggling was admitted to a Lucknow hospital on Thursday 05.12.2019 with 90 percent burns and for better treatment, she was later airlifted to Delhi Safdarjung Hospital in Burnt Care Unit.
The victim suffered a cardiac arrest at 11:10 pm on 06.12.2019 and we tried to save her, but she could not survive and at 11:40 pm, she died said by the Sardurjung Hospital spokesperson.
Her last, chilling words were: Bhaiya mujhe bacha lo, mujhe marna nahi hai. Jinhonne mere sath ye kiya hai, unhe mai maut ki saza paatey dekhna chahti hu” (I don’t want to die. Those who have done this to me, I want to see them hang to death).
❍ Victim Ran for 1 Km, Spoke To Police Herself
On her way to a court in Rae Bareli, the accused 5 people whipped her, drenched her with petrol and set her on fire. The survivor ran for almost one km for seeking help, called 112 from someone’s mobile phone and informed police about the incident.
The woman was walking to the nearby railway station when the group chased her and took her to a field outside the village and poured petrol on her.
When police reached the spot, they found her in a severely burnt condition while the accused had already left.
Ravindra, a witness to the horrific view, was sitting by the roadside then, told reporters that he himself got so much frightened that he went to pick up his stick.
Later he realized when she came nearer and found she was severely burnt. She had been calling out for help.
Ravindra said he connected the call to the police and the woman spoke to them on the phone. The police immediately reached there and she was taken to the local community health center.
❍ Woman Tells Brother, Want to See Culprits Hang To Death
She was a strong woman, even before she had gone on a ventilator on early Friday, the Unnao rape victim told her family that she doesn’t want to die and wants to see the accused sentenced to death.
However, the victim last breathed on late Friday due to cardiac arrest.
❍ Some Updates of this Case
- Lucknow: Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) Chief Mayawati arrives at Raj Bhavan to meet Uttar Pradesh Governor Anandiben Patel over cases of crime against women.
- Congress workers protest in Lucknow over the death of the Unnao rape case victim.
- The father of a 23-year-old woman from Uttar Pradesh’s Unnao, who died at a hospital in Delhi during treatment for burn injuries she suffered after she was set on fire by men accused of raping her, has said he wants the accused to be “shot dead”, referring to the killing of four rape accused by the police in Telangana on Friday.” itemprop=”description
- I am angry and shocked at the incident which embarrassed humanity. Another daughter succumbed to justice and security. In this hour of grief, I express my condolences to the suffering family: Rahul Gandhi
- We demand strict action in the matter. The UP government has to wake up to realize that the state is becoming the rape capital of the country,” Congress spokesperson Supriya Srimate said.
- Congress General Secretary for UP (East) Priyanka Gandhi Vadra meets the family of Unnao rape victim.
- Till the day UP Chief Minister, state Home Secretary, and DGP don’t resign, justice will not be done. Tomorrow we will conduct a shokh sabha in all districts of the state over Unnao rape case: Akhilesh Yadav
- Akhilesh Yadav, SP on Unnao rape case: This is an extremely condemnable incident. This is a black day. It is not the first such incident under this BJP Govt. CM had said in this very assembly, ‘apradhiyon ko thok diya jayega’, they could not save the life of a daughter.
- Mortal remains of Unnao rape victim being taken to her village in Unnao, from Safdarjung hospital in Delhi. She had passed away last night during treatment.
- Samajwadi Party leader Akhilesh Yadav in protest outside the Vidhan Sabha Bhawan in UP
- Deputy Chief Minister of UP Keshav Prasad Maurya said Unnao rape victim passes away: This is an extremely unfortunate incident, I can’t even imagine what the family of the victim is going through. I promise them that we will not spare the accused, will be punished at the earliest
- Ranjeet Ranjan, Congress: All the rapists who are in jails should be brought out & hanged on the streets. It will give a message to the people that if such a thing is repeated, their fate will be the same.
- Swati Maliwal, Delhi Commission for Women (DCW) chief, on the death of Unnao rape victim last night said she requests to the Uttar Pradesh govt and central govt that the culprits in this case (Unnao rape case) should be hanged within a month.
“A Quick Decision Is Expected Before Her Blaze Cools Down”
❖ Read More: