After a series of ups and downs with respect to the Vidhan Sabha Maharashtra state government formation finally Devendra Fadnavis, resigned as Maharashtra chief minister on Tuesday which was sworned on 23rd November 2019 after the announcement of the floor test, after the fight back of NCP leaders. Ajit Pawar took a u-turn and quitted the BJP leader’s deputy Chief Minister’s post. On 26th November ‘Maha Vikas Aghadi’ MLAs and leaders submitted a letter to Governor Bhagat Singh Koshyari declaring Shiv Sena Chief Udhhav Thackeray as their leader
Another impressive dramatic twist came into the trident government that Shiv Sena supremo Uddhav Thackeray will be heading the new trident government of Shiv sena-NCP-Congress MLAs (Maha Vikas Aghadi). Along with this it has also been decided that Uddhav will be the new chief minister of Maharashtra.
Finally Uddhav Thackeray recently summoned up the “pledge” he had made to his late father to install a ‘Shiv Sainik’ (party worker) as chief minister of Maharashtra.
After betraying BJP, Ajit Pawar decided to meet NCP chief Sharad Pawar, wherein the continuous approach of party leaders to end differences with the party patriarch was going on and urged him to return back in the party fold.
Finally the Maharashtra drama has ended and Uddhav Thackeray will be taking oath of new CM on Thursday 28th November 2019.
It is also said by Uddhav Thackeray that he will be inviting Prime Minister Narendra Modi and BJP chief Amit Shah personally in his function of oath taking ceremony which is scheduled on 28th, November 2019 as Chief Minister of Maharashtra.
Gist of the Entire Melodrama
If one is following the turmoil in Maharashtra for the past few days, one will be bond to agree that the current scenario between the Shiv Sena, the Congress, BJP and the NCP can questionably be called the biggest political showdown in the country.
- A quick turn took place on Saturday, November 23; Ajit Pawar with a handful of NCP leaders under his leadership formed an alliance with the BJP and helped Devendra Fadnavis to form government in Maharashtra in the early hours of the morning.
- As it was expected, this was badly criticized by the Shiv Sena, NCP and Congress, then NCP.
- The Congress filed a petition to the Supreme Court challenging Governor Koshiyari’s decision, who is the governor of Maharashtra.
- On Tuesday (26th November 2019), the “maha” drama exaggerated with the Supreme Court ordering an immediate floor test in the Maharashtra assembly on November 27.
- When the entire scenario was at its peak, nobody knew Ajit Pawar’s whereabouts.
- Sharad Pawar’s nephew was found missing in action since he was sworn officially as Deputy CM.
- Ajit Pawar has been giving complete assurance till the last but it was beyond belief when he betrayed BJP and announced his resignation in the afternoon saying he is not in position to give the required strength of MLAs to them.
- This brought fire in the BJP MLAs, in spite of having the highest counts was still in a pitiable condition.
- Immediately Fadnavis called a press conference to keep his view point and stated that without Ajit Pawar’s support, the BJP lacked majority and would not be able to form government in Maharashtra.
- And then finally he surrendered his resignation to Governor.
- The entire ups and downs has left everyone, especially people of Maharashtra in an outbreak and absolutely mystified.
- People watching the entire dramatic approach is coming out with their views in the form of memes on the social media.
- Some people claimed that the “Chanakya” or the true mastermind behind the move is NCP supremo Sharad Pawar himself.
- Some of them expressed complete uncertainty about the government and said it was a stabbing in the name of politics.
- Anyhow, let us wait and watch what this new trident government will be moving ahead.
“Finally It is left in question will this “Maha Vikas Aghadi” government be in position to solve the people problem or the party problems?”