Actually, one suffers from hair problems due to many reasons, which could be due to stress, tension, depression, nutrient deficiency, cancer, etc. So, the prime importance is to take care of the proper diet and exercise. If we eat too much of junk foods, then we have very little nutrients in our body system which is not possible to send to each and every part of the body (Hair Loss), our hair which is the second part of the body cuts off the vitamins and minerals reaching to the hair and supply it to the major and prime organs of the body.
Body system directs the available nutrients towards the very important areas like the brain, heart and other organs. With the deficiency of nutrients, the hair will naturally grow weaker, thinner, and then fall off as the days pass by.
Protein plays a major role in building and repairing of the body, so it requires the protein to keep the hair follicles strong. Major sources of protein are poultry, lean beef, fish, beans, and nuts.
One important thing to know that if we start taking nutrient specific diet now then after six months one will find the improvements in hair problems. The growth of hair is around 0.5 inches (1.25 cm) per month and 6 inches (15 cm) per year. But this depends on age, health, genetics, and diet.
Hair fall is a natural occurrence; it undergoes a routine life cycle. New growth of hair will typically grow from the same hair follicle to replace it. But, if the rate of hair fall is more than its reappear then the matter becomes serious. At times a new hair may fail to form on the scalp and there are large areas of the scalp in which new hairs do not appear, this hair loss gets visible.
Let us know Some Important Ways to Prevent Hair Loss
Hair Loss 1 One Should Consume Healthy Diet
One’s diet should be rich in Biotin, Zinc, Beta carotene and Vitamin A, C & E
- Eggs, peanuts, almonds, wheat bran, salmon, avocados and low-fat cheese are the best sources of food rich in biotin.
- Biotin is very much essential for the production of a hair protein called keratin that is why biotin supplements are often prescribed for hair growth. Studies have also claimed that consuming more biotin can help improve hair growth in people with a biotin deficiency.
- Most of the nuts and seeds, peanut butter, wheat germ, fat-free yogurt, and cheese are a good source of food rich in zinc.
- Sweet potatoes, carrots, kale, butternut squash, cantaloupe, dark green lettuces, asparagus, and pumpkin are the rich source of Beta-carotene
- Red, yellow, and green bell peppers are a colorful and delicious source of vitamin C, which is very much necessary for hair. Antioxidants protect hair follicles against damage from harmful molecules called free radicals. These molecules exist naturally in the body. Vitamin A helps the skin glands to produce sebum. This oily substance helps moisturizes the scalp to keep hair healthy. Vitamin E also protects the skin, like the scalp, from oxidative stress and damage. Damaged skin on the scalp can result in poor hair quality and fewer hair follicles
- Different vegetables can make our diet nutritious and hair healthy at the same time, tofu, soybeans, starchy beans, and black-eyed peas, lentils are a great vegetarian source of iron-rich protein
- The nutrition present in spinach is folate and iron which is extremely good for hair.
- Foods rich in Vitamin B are wild salmon (fresh or canned), shellfish, beans, chicken, oatmeal, eggs, peanut butter, fat-free and low-fat dairy foods, and fortified whole-grain cereals.
Hair Loss 2 Right Brush and Right way of Combing
One having long hair should use a wet hairbrush, It is super important because the hairbrush helps smooth the hair shaft, and this minimizes the hair breakage. A natural fibre brush, like the boar bristle, helps to minimize friction when brushing. Therefore, the hair doesn’t get locked into knots and leaves the hair smooth and silky without pulling out long hair strands. The wet brush also does a wonderful job as the bristles bend around knots and this puts up less stress on the hair.
Follow the correct style of brushing. Start from the ends of the hair and move up rather than top-down. This will not create any pressure on the roots and this will minimize the damage. Make sure to use only ever wide-tooth comb when the hair is wet. Brushing when damp can cause a lot of damage as it stretches the strands rather than separating it.
Healthy Loss 3 Hydrating Treatment
The severe hair loss can be prevented by using deep hydrating treatments to strengthen the scalp and roots of the hair.
- A favorite hydrating treatment is the coconut honey mask.
- The same effect can also be achieved by using oil high in vitamin E, such as olive or avocado oil.
- To get the best results, gently warm the oil in a pan on a low heat and apply to the hair.
- Then wrap it with a warm towel and wash it after 45 minutes.
- The warm towel allows oil to get easily absorbed into the hair, boosting its effective qualities.
Hair Loss 4 Wash in a Right way and Avoid over Wash
- One should know the right way of shampooing the hair and scalp. It’s important to massage the shampoo into the scalp gently with the tip of the fingers, to get rid of the dust. Giving the head and stimulating massage during shampoo is a good way to encourage blood circulation and helps to detoxify the scalp. Then, use conditioner along the length of the hair to restore moisture.
- Keep the water cool when rinsing, washing scalp with extremely hot water dries out the hair and create tangles that could result in breakage.
- Hair’s natural oils are very much essential, they are designed so as to condition and protect the hair when we shampoo daily, and it removes these vital oils away.
- This practice makes leads to over-production of oils and one need to shampoo very often.
- Ideally, to keep hair healthy, one should wash only two to three times a week.
- Use a good natural dry shampoo to help keep the hair clean until the next wash and add volume and texture to the hair and prevent hair loss.
Hair Loss 5 Natural Remedies for Hair Loss
- Greek yogurt and honey Take 2 tablespoons of yogurt and 1 tablespoon of honey and 1 tablespoon of lemon in a bowl.
- One can apply this paste on the scalp and roots.
- Keep it for 30 minutes before rinsing with cold water.
- One can use this paste once a week.
Aloe Vera is an awesome remedy for hair loss and to enhance hair growth. It also helps in reducing problems of scalp like itching and hair loss.
- Take the leaf of Aloe Vera and take out its pulp with a spoon.
- Apply it to the scalp and leave it for about 45 minutes.
- Rinse with normal water.
- One can repeat three to four times a week to see better results.
Fenugreek or Methi seeds are also effective home remedies to overcome the hair loss. It helps in repairing the hair follicles and helps in re-growth of the hair.
- Soak the methi seeds overnight in water.
- Grind it to a fine paste and apply it to the wet hair and scalp.
- Leave the paste for about 30 minutes.
- One can cover the scalp using a shower cap to keep it moist.
- One can rinse it with normal water.
- One should not use shampoo.
- The repetition can be done twice a week for a month to control hair fall.
Onion juice has antibacterial properties and this helps fight against scalp infections, whereas the sulphur content present in the onion juice improves blood circulation to the hair follicles. It encourages hair growth and controls loss of hair.
- Grate the onion and then compress to take out the juice.
- Dip the cotton ball in the onion juice and apply it to the scalp.
- Leave it for 20 to 30 minutes and then wash it with normal water and a mild shampoo.
- I can repeat once a week to see the difference.
Indian Gooseberry or Amla is the best to stop hair fall. It helps in promoting faster growth of hair, maintains a healthy scalp and prevents premature greying of hair
- One can mix lime juice and the amla powder to make a paste.
- Then massage it on the scalp and hair.
- One can use a shower cap to cover the head so that the paste doesn’t dry out.
- Keep it for 40 to 60 minutes and then rinse it with normal water.
- Take one egg white in a bowl; add a teaspoon of olive oil and a teaspoon of honey.
- Mix them together and make a paste and apply it from root to tips of the hair.
- Keep it for 20 minutes and rinse with a mild shampoo.
- It is an amazing remedy for hair. The protein and essential fats present in it promotes hair growth and prevents hair loss.
- Take a medium-sized coconut, grate it and simmer it in a pan for five minutes.
- Strain it to remove the fibers and cool it.
- Then add one tablespoon each of crushed black pepper and fenugreek seeds to the milk.
- Apply on the scalp and hair.
- Keep for 20 minutes and then rinse with a mild shampoo.
“Hair Loss Best Remedy Is Healthy Diet and Then Comes Its Proper Care”