The latest Health and Fitness Tips are on the bloom for Coronavirus Symptoms. Coronavirus is largely spreading, which has started as a mystery virus last month in Wuhan, China. It has now killed more than two dozen people and infected hundreds more around the world.
In the US, the first cases of Wuhan Coronavirus were confirmed in the third week of January, a 30 year old man is under observation in Washington State and a 60 year old Chicago woman. People are afraid for the spread of this in US. But US is taking a lot of measures for its prevention.
Let us make ourselves to understand its precautionary steps and steps to take self care.
❒ Health and Fitness Tip 1 Precaution at Airports
Passengers coming from Wuhan to the United States, either on direct or indirect flights, will soon only be allowed to land only at one of five US airports for the screening of the Coronavirus Symptoms.
Travellers at Los Angeles International Airport are asked to wear masks as part of sensitive safety measures.
CDC (Centre for Disease Control and Prevention) workers at those US airports – John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York, Los Angeles International Airport, San Francisco International Airport, Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport and Chicago O’Hare International Airport — have already screened more than 2,000 travellers for symptoms such as fever, cough and trouble breathing.
❒ Health and Fitness Tip 2 Airports Are Implementing New Coronavrius Symptoms Quarantine Rules
Officials at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport put up signs at the international arrivals area instructing travellers from Wuhan to watch for the Coronavirus symptoms. The Centres for Disease Control and Prevention started displaying the sign in English and Chinese on January 14 said by an airport spokesman.
But these screenings at the airport might not catch everyone infected because of its incubation period which can take a week’s time before showing any symptoms.
❒ Health and Fitness Tip 3 Steps Taken By CDC for Preventing Corona Virus Symptoms
The CDC has raised its travel warning for Wuhan from level 2 to level 3 — the highest possible level.
“CDC recommends that travellers avoid all nonessential travel to Wuhan, China,” the agency said on Thursday (23.01.2020).
❒ Health and Fitness Tip 4 A Visual Guide to the Wuhan Coronavirus Prevention
The announcement came after Chinese officials scheduled a public transportation lockdown for the city’s buses, ferries and subways. Airport and rail stations have been temporarily closed for departing passengers, Wuhan authorities said.
For those who travelled to China in the past two weeks and have symptoms such as fever, cough or trouble breathing, the agency recommended seeking immediate care, avoiding contact with others, not travelling and practicing good hygiene.
But things are not clear, how easily or sustainably this virus is spreading between people.
❒ Health and Fitness Tip 5 Steps Taken By Scientists for Coronavirus Prevention
- Scientists are trying to create a vaccine for the new virus. But will take some time.
- The scientist of National Institutes of Health is working on this, but it will take at least a few months before clinical trials start and more than a year until a vaccine might actually become available.
- Peter Hotez , scientist in Texas said New York and China are also trying to create a vaccine.
- Hotez said, the lesson we’ve learned is coronavirus infections are serious and one of the newest and biggest global health threats.
❒ Health and Fitness Tip 6 Steps for Self Care Given By WHO
- One should avoid close contact with anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness, such as coughing and sneezing.
- The symptoms of this coronavirus include fever and shortness of breath.
- Scientist said that the severe cases can lead to pneumonia, kidney failure and even death.
- Scientists believe that this coronavirus started in another animal and then spread to humans.
- So, health officials recommended cooking meat and eggs thoroughly.
- One who is underlying with the medical conditions should avoid visiting live animal markets and raw meats altogether, since these people are “considered at higher risk of severe disease,”.
- But, in general, the public should wash their hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- If one is feeling sick, cover the mouth and nose and when one cough or sneeze, and disinfect the objects and surfaces the one touch, wash hands thoroughly.
- If one is a doctor wear a surgical mask.
❒ Health and Fitness Tip 7 If One Is Planning To Go To China
This virus is spreading at the worst possible time of the year 2020, at this time millions of people are travelling to or within China for Lunar New Year celebrations. Chinese New Year starts Saturday (25.01.2020), but festivities can last for two weeks, which is up to 8th February, 2020, and often include family rituals that are supposed to ensure a successful year.
Lunar New Year means a lot in China. Cancelling celebrations is not easy, it is a massive deal, but Americans visiting friends and family in China might be at greater risk than tourists. Their risk is higher because they generally stay longer than tourists, eat local food in people’s homes, and may not take the same precautions that tourists do.Before travelling, the CDC recommends visiting a health care provider is must to make sure one has all necessary vaccinations and travel medications. Americans should also monitor for warnings and alerts from the US State Departments.