Since ages women safety matter is in the discussion, but still, the matter remains the same, where it was. Though, the condition of women has changed from ancient to the modern world with respect to equality, dignity, freedom from discrimination; and on the platform of seeking and getting jobs.
Women have served at the top positions in the Indian government including the President of India, Prime minister of India, Lok Sabha Speaker. But still, women are facing numerous problems like- sexual assault, gender inequality, and dowry.
We cannot deny by saying that women in India are given a place of Goddess Lakshmi in Indian society. But, we also cannot ignore the challenges faced by women in India. Every minute some women are giving their life (a mother, a sister, a wife, young girls, and girl baby children) as they are getting harassed, molested, assaulted, and violated at various places all over the country.
Streets, public spaces, public transport, etc. have become unsafe places for women hunters. School/college studying girl students have to guard themselves with the help of books or bags or they have to wear clothes which can cover them completely.
There are also cases when a girl child is sold by her parents just to earn some money. Generally, girls face acid attacks on the streets and kidnapping for sex purpose by strangers. According to the statistical data, it is found that a woman is raped in India every 20 minutes.
Women are still being raped by a family member in the rural areas, beaten by husbands or parents-in-law, burned for dowry, and so many cases.
Though, we never forget a dreadful event of Nirbhaya gang-rape. But after that many such cases have come forward, so the question remains the same, what is the outcome and solution of it? No solution but these cases are in progress some or the other place in India. When? The women can breathe in a fearless environment is still in question.
Nearly 50% population in the country is of Woman. So, they are 50% of participants in the growth and development of India. We are running in an advanced era of the 21st century; however, it is very shame to say there is no women safety.
If we are talking about Delhi, the cases have increased from 2017 to 2018. But overall it has come down if we see from 2013 to 2016.
Marital rapes are also increasing, men think that women are their property and have the rights to do any kind of violence. Here also some laws should be made for women safety.
The Indian government says the IPC on the concept of marital rape cannot be applied in the country since marriage is treated as a sacred in Indian society.
“The Law Commission of India, while making its 172nd Report on Review of Rape Laws did not recommend criminalization of marital rape by amending the exception to Section 375 of the Indian Penal Code and hence presently there is no proposal to bring an amendment to the IPC in this regard,” the minister said.
Not only rape but women are also facing a lot many violence’s, so for Women Safety is the major problem in the country which has to be dealt with.
Primarily government has to focus certain rigid and strong laws such that these cases drop down and secondly, men have to change their mindset and have to be become psychologically sound and respect women as they are also in this world because of women.
Strong prevention of arising crimes has to be taken for women safety. Hope by working on below-suggested points this violence could be reduced.
- The most important suggestion is of helpline numbers, which are 24 hours active and are always alert mode for women safety.
- The police department should be very active and fully trained; they should have good tracking systems.
- A company should be extra vigilant for women employs. Late working hours should be monitored with high security for women safety.
- Punishment to the culprits should be given within shorter periods.
- Educating moral values, in people, and have to make them understand the consequences of committing crime, a fear in the system, fear of law should be implanted in people’s mind for doing a crime, like telling the culprits for giving the capital punishments, and also how one feels life in jail, and about their families suffering etc.
- Girls should carry pepper powders, or pepper sprays to fight if any molester tries anything wired.
- Women should be trained with martial skills to protect themselves and also others.
- Society should come out for help, react Sharp, other than being a spectator to crimes.
- New laws to be made and lots of old laws should be amended for women safety
Recommendations for women safety