Latest News Update on Covid-19
With the global spread of Coronavirus, which initially had started from Wuhan, China, many countries have become infected with this deadly virus. India too, is no longer untouched with this virus. On Wednesday (04.03.2020), 23 new cases of Covid-19 were reported, including 15 Italian tourists and a man in Gurgaon, in spite of the government’s warning to screen all passengers entering the country from other infected countries by this deadly virus.
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharama said, the government is working neck to neck to ensure to fight against this virus, a meaningful intrusion steps have already taken and some are in process, if needed, to deal with the impact of unfolding Covid-19 crisis in the country.
She said different ministries are working in tandem to deal with any impact of Covid-19, which has so far infected more than 94,000 people across the world and claimed some 3,222 lives.
Sitharaman said, she had consecutive meetings with industry representatives along with secretaries to measure the strength of the situation and shared the inputs with different ministries.
A new case was confirmed in Gurgaon on Wednesday
(04.03.2020) and by this the total number of cases in the country has jumped to
29, when an employee of Paytm app payments was tested positive after spending
holidays in Italy.
Paytm has closed its offices in Gurgaon and Noida for a couple of days to sanitize the office properly. A company spokesperson of Paytm has revealed that the employ turned patient is receiving appropriate treatment and also extending complete support to his family.
And also, as a precautionary measure, they had also suggested his team members to get health tests done immediately. “However, there will not be any impact on their daily operations and Paytm services will run as usual.”
Cases Reported In India for Coronavirus
Sixteen cases were reported from Jaipur, including wife of the 69-year old Italian tourist who was tested positive on Tuesday (03.03.2020), and also 14 other tourists from Italy who had been travelling with them, and their Indian bus driver. Immediately they had been sent to Indo-Tibetan Border Police’s (ITBP) quarantine facility in Chhawla, Delhi, said by Health Minister Harsh Vardhan.
Harsh Vardhan said, in addition to the above, six family members of the Delhi were also found to be infected on Tuesday (03.03.2020) and have tested positive for the virus. Now, all of them are in isolation in New Delhi’s Safdarjung Hospital. The health ministry had identified as these six people were from Agra who were severely affected.
Coronavirus Safety Measures
The government has now declared to start universal screening for the virus for all passengers flying from abroad into the country at the airports, besides testing people coming in through open borders.
Earlier, only the passengers coming in from China, Hong Kong, Japan, South Korea, Thailand, Singapore, Nepal, Indonesia, Vietnam, and Malaysia were being checked.
Union Minister, Prakash Javadekar also said more than 600,000 people have been screened for the disease across 21 airports. Additionally, one million people coming in through the country’s open borders with Nepal, Bhutan and Myanmar have also been screened.
Declaration by Health Minister, Harsh Vardhan
Health Minister, Vardhan has also declared that the government is also setting up additional labs where the confirmation test can be performed. He said in the first Phase there are 15 labs, some of which are already functional, whereas, second Phase will be having 19 new labs.
The government had also directed all public hospitals in Delhi to prepare themselves well for more cases. Harsh Vardhan has also ensured that all facilities will be of the highest order to handle patients with great care, especially that require isolation.
❖ Read More: