Recently Priyanka Chopra was honored with the Danny Kaye Humanitarian Award at the Snowflake Ball in New York held by UNICEF. She was felicitated with the award at the 15th annual UNICEF Snowflake Ball on Tuesday (03.12.2019).
The Bollywood actress is a Goodwill Ambassador of UNICEF. The award was presented to Priyanka by fashion mogul Diane von Furstenberg. The actress shared her achievement on Twitter and said she completely admire the tireless efforts and unwavering commitment of the people who work for #UNICEF. She also thanked UNICEF for allowing her to work for child rights and to be part of this journey.
To serve as the Goodwill Ambassador is the privilege of her life. She had also shared a video from the event and wrote, “Philanthropy today has gone beyond just funding projects”. Be troublesome, show sympathy and care, and be catalytic in our actions and solutions. Giving back should not be a choice; it has to be a way of life. Priyanka Chopra has been associated with UNICEF since 2006 when she started volunteering for children’s rights and welfare.
❍ On the work front:
- Chopra is currently working on the Netflix film adaptation of Aravind Adiga’s The White Tiger where she stars alongside Rajkummar Rao.
- She is also working on Robert Rodriguez’s superhero film We Can Be Heroes. Priyanka is also developing a comedy about an Indo-American wedding with Mindy Kaling.
- She had earlier announced a project on Rajneesh’s close aide Ma Anand Sheela.
- In 2019, Priyanka Chopra was seen in the Shonali Bose directorial The Sky Is Pink. The movie also marked her return to Bollywood
- After the 2016 film Jai Gangaajal, She also recently voiced Elsa in Frozen 2 (Hindi). The film had her teaming up with real-life cousin sister Parineeti Chopra.
- Apart from being a success in the show business, Priyanka Chopra has inspired millions with her humanitarian work. The actress is the global UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador for Child Rights.
Priyanka even shared the entire event on Instagram and also about the award and its importance.
On the Instagram, she had given special thanks to Geetanjali Master, UNICEF India, Marissa Buckanoff, UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador Chief, Henrietta H. Fore, UNICEF Executive Director, Caryl Stern, UNICEF USA President and CEI, and Charlotte Petri Gornitzka, UNICEF Deputy Executive Director and finally thanked her team for constant support.
Nick Jonas too congratulated his wife and said that he is proud of her.
Nick responded I am proud of who you are and the good you’ve brought into the world as a goodwill ambassador with @unicef @unicefindia for over 15 years now. You inspire me every single day by just being you. Congratulations my love.
“Hard Work Always Counts and Brings Success”
❖ Read More: