Thyroid is an endocrine gland which controls the metabolic activities of the body, they affect most thyroid ailments which are most common among women during puberty, pregnancy, menopause or physical tension.
❍ The following are thyroid ailments:-
One or more nodules of thyroid get swollen up. This inflammation appears on the throat. Sometimes this swelling may not appear on the throat but can be felt on the skin.
Concentration power weakens, depression, feels like weeping, petulancy, loss of mental balance and loss of weight. gradually obstruction is created in the internal organs which over a period of time leads to toxicity in the body.
❍ Hyper Thyroidism
Thyroid gland produces more hormones.
- Loss of weight
- In ability to bear heat
- Excessive sweating
- Trembling of fingers
- Palpitation of heart
- Urination takes place number of times
- Memory becomes weak
- High blood pressure
- Excessive appetite
- Complications in mensturation
- Falling of hair etc.
Thyroid gland produce less hormones.
- Increase in weight
- In ability to beer cold
- Dryness of hair
- Aching in back
- Joints get stiff
- Pulse rate goes down
- Swelling on the face etc.
❍ Blood Test for Thyroid Disease
In both the hormones try- iodothyronine and tetra- iodothyronine are produced by thyroid gland, there quantity in the blood decides the condition of the hormones.
If excessive along with other symptoms, then thyroid is enlarged and the patient has hyperthyroidism.
If with other symptoms the quantity of hormones is less then thyroid gland is contracted and it is hypothyroidism
❍ Causes of thyroid diseases
It is due to deficiency of iodine in food. It is seen among those people who eat only cooked food and do not eat natural food. Natural food provides necessary iodine content which gets destroyed when cooked. Mental and emotional tension, hereditary, erroneous died and disturbed lifestyle.
❍ Treatment of thyroid diseases
- For first 5 days only juices (coconut water, cabbage, carrot, beetroot, pineapple, orange, apple, grapes juices etc.) Should be taken.
- Thereafter for 3 days fruits and sesame milk should be consumed.
- Then adopt normal diet which should include green leafy vegetables, fruits, salad sprouts, etc. In ample quantity.
- Atleast for a year half of the food should consist of fruits, salad and sprout foods.
- Lotus seeds, makhana, water chestnut (singhara) are useful.
- Sugar, roasted and fried product, tea, coffee, liquor, tinned products etc. Are very harmful and should not be consumed at all.
- In a cup full of spinach juice one spoon of honey should be added and ¼ spoon of cumin seeds (jeera) powder be mixed and taken every night before sleeping.
- In a glass of water soak two spoons of dry coriander and in the morning mash it and boil till the quantity is reduced to 1/4 and drink daily on an empty stomach.
- Daily gargle with saline water.
❍ Physical Treatment
- Mud pack, enema, hib bath, etc. Will detoxify the body.
- On the throat apply wet sheet pack and mud pack.
- Do not permit to get tired
- Relax completely
- Sleep as much as is necessary
- Remain away from physical, emotional and mental tension.
- To keep the endocrine glands healthy do yoga asanas.
- Shavasana, Yog nidra, Suptpavanmuktasana, Matsyasana, Suptavajrasana and neck exercises must be done.
- Pranayama are very important, do Ujjayi and bhramari Pranayama.
- Jalandhar bandh should be practiced.
“Best Way to Cure These Disorders Is the Natural Treatment”
Disclaimer: Updates mentioned in the article are for general information purpose only. If making any changes in the fitness programme or diet then it is requested to consult your doctor or a dietician before implementing anything new.